A STATE OF ADDRESS IN CHURCH, SALVATION!

So I was in Church on Sunday and all I heard was give your life to Christ and He will show you the good path of life. Yeah, I know it's a retrospect.
Hey, Emmanuel! Wake up it's a service for the young ones who will be ushered to be born again Christians. I usually hate this idea of going to church as early as 6am. I woke up and took my bathe and within a time frame of forty minutes, we had arrived in the church auditorium.
I joined the lost sheep (children service) to proclaim the sovereign of the Lord. Before that, my aunty once told me that if Jesus comes in your life, you will see a light and your soul will gladden.
The pastor started singing hymnals to give way for Jesus to be in our lives. Suddenly, a bowed legged boy stood up and proclaimed salvation. It followed till I was left alone. I opened my eyes and I could see and hear people praying for the last lost sheep (me) to be saved. I sat and imagined how Jesus could come into the other kids and save them. It was about ten minutes and I hadn't seen the light my aunty talked about.
How will the light be like? I asked myself. Hmmm!!! Maybe they just lied and stood up to save time. Let me also rise up to save time since everyone was waiting for me to meet Christ.
I stood up and they all cheered but I haven't met the light they were talking about. There is nothing in lying if they all lied about meeting Christ.
The service came to an end and we left for the house. That night, I sat and reflected on whatever that transpired in Church and I began to laugh without reason. 
I lied to them and it looks funny. As years passed and I thought of what salvation was I told my aunty the truth about ten years ago. Hahahaaaaaaa, what a way to lie in church. Salvation is just a state of being not meeting of lights and soul gladdening.
BY: CYRIL SIMDAH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I would win VGMA artiste of the year ahead of Ebony - Shatta Wale

AM I STILL THAT SPECIAL ONE

Guinea healer held over faking hundreds of pregnancies