JUBILEE OF WEBBED LIES

JUBILEE OF WEBBED LIES
I met a mystic traveller
Down the outskirts of the community
Can the distance between you and I
Ever get bridged in our lifetime?
Certainly not stranger.
Checking from your stature and appearance,
What better a life will you guarantee?
Shame, discord, suffering and cheats
It was quite difficult to flee from
His gestures and soothing smile of his lips
Getting closer to my being
Shocks of my spine anchored to the most
He said and sat with upside down pan:
"You wanted to achieve great.
Look past the normal and recognized
Way of life. Sit, wonder and take retrospect
How it would have been if you had
The best part of the largest catch
Take a shade and tint at life.
Feel the tiny beads of sweat gliding
Down the isle of your blessed cheek
The cowry you turned to paper
They were not part of the setting.
A mistake introduced them in your life.
After a sad and irksome history, mystery
Wake up! Change your frame of life
An incessant idiosyncrasy of goodness
Will tarnish the perfect life you
Suffered to get through
The harsh conditions of life
In a society that everything depends on you."
Your name sounds strange to me
A perfect ten of your hmmm!
Adhering to your advice
Certainly will leave my fellow name
A hold of power, riches and fame
The best covers of the body, theirs
A good and replenishing nourriture, theirs
Comfortable and relaxed hébergement, theirs
Others will just be bonuses of my doings
Would you have thought if it were good for best
"Yes, a fatter yes per say."
I will try it out and know the benefits
"You are wise in your decision."
Wait a moment! There is an adage
An adage of our old folks.
Kwatrikwa se ob3 ma wo ntuma a tie ne din"
"A mistaken impression you made in attribution.
I have the mightiest influence from riches."
Life became interesting and nourishing
A green path lighted up my way
The joy of happiness became a strength
My touch of affluence made things great
At the centre of it all, the fact was my power
At the expense of a fellow native's contribution
I spent, squandered but embezzled their hard
Earned resource visible by their, no words for it.
As I sit dawdly here, my country is dead
Where to I should run?
My country's educational system
Its gold minerals sold to others
Creating havoc to my country's communities water bodies
Galamsey
I am the cause of the problems the country faces.
I made the wrong take of a life partner. Smh
There is a lot I have done
Were I to be a time changer, I would have gone back to those years
Correction is the key thing to do with that power
I have shackled the progress of my motherland
Ghana
That friend was actually visible to me
My mindset
Damaged and twisted to the apex point
Look, look, look
At the child growing next door
Is it to face the problem I have
Encapsulated in the leadership, service,
Or membership of the country
Nitwit me.
I am sorry people
It is not forgivable though
I married a wrong conscience
Gave birth to a bribed child
Raised a corrupted leadership position
Across my children
A divorce is what I want
Not just a divorce but freedom
A freedom to make things right in my marriage
I will stand firm and disown
My selfish thoughts and hold steadfast
To the name of Ghana
God bless my homeland Ghana.
Make it great and strong
I promise on my honour
To be faithful and loyal to Ghana my motherland
So help me God
That's my words from now till I taste nothing
A jubilee of webbed lies
I was deceived by corruption. Deceived?
No! I practiced corruption
I was webbed with corruption
In an instance not an example but reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I would win VGMA artiste of the year ahead of Ebony - Shatta Wale

AM I STILL THAT SPECIAL ONE

Guinea healer held over faking hundreds of pregnancies